Our Place Community Hub and Mentoring Scheme is a CIC delivering a range of advice and support services to the local community. Our services are planned and delivered by a dedicated and passionate team of staff and volunteers.
We are currently looking for individuals to fulfil the below opportunities:
Mentor – Paid 5 hours per week, term time only
(Initial contract until July 2017)
Closing date for applications Friday 19th May – Interviews Tuesday 23rd May for an immediate start
Volunteer Mentors – Minimum of 2 hours per week, term time only
(Applications accepted at anytime)
A Mentor with the Our Place Mentoring Scheme is a caring, responsible, adult who serves as a listener, critical friend and role model to young people, children and parents. They help to ensure that the Mentee develops important life skills by working through challenges together, developing emotional well-being and healthy relationships. Our Place Mentors enable their Mentee to be exposed to new opportunities and a wide array of resources enabling and equipping them to make positive change.
To support a child, young person or parent in a one to one or group mentoring environment. This role will require the Mentor to plan and deliver bespoke sessions which will enable the mentee to explore issues, identify resolutions, set goals and monitor their own achievements.
Mentors are responsible for communicating with stakeholders including schools and will on occasions be required to submit reports based on their mentoring. Mentors will also be required to engage in team meetings and training sessions and provide monitoring returns on a half termly basis.
Successful Mentors will have personal qualities that reflect the Our Place ethos of being caring, supportive and encouraging
Benefits / Investment for Mentors:
- Two full days training in the role of a mentor
- Monthly training programme free to all Our Place Mentors.
- Participation in a Monthly Mentor support Networking group
- Mileage and expenses can be covered
- Public Liability Insurance
- Ongoing line management support
- Personal development planning and annual appraisals
- Regular Mentoring supervision
- Mentor-mentee matches are be made on the basis of interests, skills, background, knowledge and temperament of both the young person and the mentor.
Please email complete application forms to Mentoring@ourplacecommunityhub.org