Our Place Community Hub and Mentoring Scheme is a Community Interest Company (CIC) delivering a range of advice and support services to the local community. Our services are planned and delivered by a dedicated and passionate team of staff and volunteers.
Director Recruitment – closing date 29th January 2018
Due to the continued growth of services delivered by Our Place Community Hub, we are currently seeking individuals to join our Board of Directors. We welcome applications from anyone that has a passion for supporting local communities and in particular those that have skills, experience or qualifications that meet the requirements of the available roles.
Our Place have a strong, supportive and committed team. Becoming a Director at Our Place provides individuals with the opportunity to contribute to bringing positive change to the lives of individuals, families and our community as a whole.
Our Directors are asked to commit to attending board meetings and any relevant sub meetings. This equates to an average of 3 hours per month. There will also be a need to communicate with the team in between meetings and to gather information to present to the board in relation to your area of responsibility. Our Director Role description can be downloaded here:director-role-description
We are keen to receive applications from individuals that would be able to fulfill the below roles:
Director of Fundraising
The successful candidate will take a strategic lead on the development of our long-term Fundraising Strategy. Taking into consideration the company Business Plan, Objectives and Ethos this person will work to provide a sound structure to the planning and development of fundraising activities and events.
Director of Human Resources
The successful candidate will take a strategic lead in all matters related to Human Resources including policies and procedures, recruitment, staff contracts and staff and volunteer wellbeing.
Director of Marketing and Communication
The successful candidate will take a strategic lead on the development of the company’s Marketing Strategy to include all elements of communication including social media, press releases and other marketing materials.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Over age 18.
- Be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- To not have been convicted of an offence involving deception or dishonesty.
- To not have been convicted of any offences against to children, young people or vulnerable adults
- To have been involved with Our Place for at least 6 months directly or as a formal partner
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- Not under a disqualification order under the Company Directors’ Disqualification Act
- Has not previously been removed as trusteeship of a charity, by a Court or the Charity Commission.
- Application must be made to the Directors Board no later than Monday 29th January 2018 . Application forms can be downloaded here -board-member-application-form and must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After shortlisting, interview will be held on Tuesday 13th February only (Applicants must be available on this date for interview)
- Upon recommendation from the interview panel, applicants must have two nominations (one which could be from interview with current board members) and will be taken forward for formal election at the Annual General Meeting taking place on 19th February at 10am. (Applicants successful at interview must be available for the AGM)
For an informal discussion about becoming a Director, please contact Kelly Round on 0121 354 40 80 or email email@example.com
A Mentor with the Our Place Mentoring Scheme is a caring, responsible, adult who serves as a listener, critical friend and role model to primary aged children,young people, adult or parents. They help to ensure that the mentee develops important life skills by working through challenges together, developing emotional well-being and healthy relationships. Our Place Mentors enable their mentee to be exposed to new opportunities and a wide array of resources enabling and equipping them to make positive change.
Benefits / Investment for Volunteer Mentors:
- Training in Level 3 Award in Mentoring Practice
- Access to free monthly CPD Accredited training
- Regular practice supervision with our highly skilled supervisors
- Participation in monthly issue based Enrichment Meetings
- Networking opportunities
- Ongoing line management support
- Personal development planning and annual appraisals
- Public Liability Insurance
- DBS Check
- APS Accredited policies and procedures
Please email complete application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Placements for College and University Students.
Over the past few years we have had a number of successful work placements from both college and university students. If you are interested of having your placement here at Our Place, please contact Beth on: email@example.com or 0121 354 4080
Our Job Club supports people back into employment or into a new position. Open on a Wednesday and Thursday we provide the space and resources for people to undertake job searches and create CVs, letters or complete application forms.
We are looking for volunteers that would be able to offer support to individuals completing job seeking activities. Ideal candidates for this role would have a basic knowledge of using the internet, Microsoft word and email.
If you have at least 3 hours per week available to support our Job Club on a Wednesday or Thursday please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org